halloween?

my daughter is friends with the girls down the street .they seem to play nice.but when it comes time to have a party(birthday halloween ,end of yr) my daughter will not get invited . my husband and i have been talking and saying how its nice that my daughter is playing with these girls but halloween is coming and so is the imfo mise party?i dont know why they dont invite my daughter .i know the one woman that does come doesnt get along with us.but that doesnt mean my daughter shouldnt go.and would you feel guilty if all the girls in the neighborhood were invited and yours wasnt and had been playing all yr.whats up with that?my husband and i just dont want DD getting hurt again cause they dont hide the fact that they are having the party they flaunt it right in front of my house...any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yea, that's sad for your daughter, and it's not fair. Unfortunately, some adults can be more childish than children. If she doesn't get invited, personally, I'd plan something special for her. Possibly, if she's old enough, take her to some haunted houses or to a hayride or corn maze. Do it on the night of the party so that she doesn't have to watch the fun going on across the street while she isn't invited. Hope it all works out for the best...I hate when children feel not included in something.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Well, while it is sad, it is not the end of the world and you do have some options. Option one: talk to the party hostess. Explain your daughter plays so well and would like to attend. You really don't have anything to loose by asking if she can attend. What? Can they like her or you any less? Or she just might get to go. And talk to them in private without your daughter knowing. Option two: have an alternative plan or place to go. Surely there is a party or event somewhere else in hte area that you can bring your child to. Why does it have to be this one? Option three: explain that sometimes we all have our feelings hurt and you wish you could do something to help ease her pain. Talk about a time you were hurt. Share. Option four: enroll her in an activity where she can make friends outside of your neighborhood. Why limit her world? Dance, karatee, or some fun activity that boost confidence and has new friends
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Inviting yourself to someone else's party, frogdawq? Wow. I'm at a loss for words about that rudeness.

OP...have your daughter host her own party and invite the other girls.
    Anonymous

• Must be life is not fair day here. I saw that on another post.

There is no excuse for that kind of behavior, espcially from adults. If she wasn't invited, I wouldn't ask them to invite her. Personally, I wouldn't want one of my children in a place where they weren't wanted. I'd say to do something else for her, take her out and let her have a good time away from home and people who would be so mean and to flaunt a party in front of your house.

wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Throw a party yourself...invite everyone from the neighborhood...make it way better than theirs. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i completely disagree with the others here- not every child has to be invited to everything. it is the perfect opportunity for a child to learn that life is not always fair. i think its sad that parents actually believe that their children are entitled to go to parties because another child is invited- and then speak about how childish the other side is being.
    wow
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i like you taking her somewhere and having a mommy daughter day instead of a silly party. Even if it is just a walk in the park spend time alone with her and she won't miss that party one bit
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• well yeah i agree is wrong. and kind of childlish. NOW I HAVE A SITUATION JUST LIKEIT BUT AM THE ONE THAT DOESNT INVITE. WHEN DD TURN 2 I INVITED MY NEIGHBOARD SHE HAS 3 GIRLS. THE TWO YOUNGEST ONE BROKE SOME OF MY DD TOYS. THEN THE MIDDLE ONE WENT INTO MY ROOM GOT MY DD PRESENST OUT AND OPEN THEM UP(TOOK THEM OUT OF THE BOX) WENT INTO DD ROOM MESSED IT ALL UP. THAT WAS THE FIRST AND LASTTIME THEY STEP FOOT IN MY HOUSE
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009