Cloth Diapers

Hi Mommies! I want your feed back. Have you tried cloth diapers? Which do you prefer? What were your pros/cons? This is our 2nd baby and we are on a tight budget so I am trying to see the cheapest route to go. I looked at the prefolded regular cloth diapers to use w/ the vinyl coverings. That was the cheapest. Anyone have any comments on that? I'm just overwhelmed with ALL the options. I want other Mommie's opinions not the commericals.
Thanks!

BusyMama619

Asked by BusyMama619 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL I don't think there are commercials for CD's. Prefolds and a cover are certainly the cheapest way to go. I would recommend the thirsties duo wrap, http://babycottonbottoms.com/thirstiesduocover.htm as it is a multi size cover. Also join a CD group here on cafemom.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 12:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It can be a pain to get started, but once I got into a routine it was as easy as disposable. It's just easy to get out of the routine!! I used pre-folded with the vinyl pants. I highly recommend Gerbers EZ-liner. They are disposable diaper liners and cost a couple of bucks several hundred. I found them at Babies 'R Us. If the baby poops you just throw the liner out and don't have to swish in the toilet. It sabes a step which makes cloth much more convenient. If my baby just wet the diaper I would throw the liner in the wash too. I also put soap and hot water in the washing machine in the morning. My diaper station was the laundry room. I just threw the dirty diapers straight in the machine and did a load at the end of the day. I just didn't want to mess with extra buckets to scrub!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I highly recommend a pocket one size diaper because they are the easiest, most absorbent and grow with your baby. I really like FuzziBunz diapers, they are about 18/diaper and will last from newborn to potty training. Just google fuzzibunz.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 1:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2009