I am not sure what to make of this.

Back in March I left my long time BF after finding out he was carrying on an affair. Until this past Saturday I had not gone on a date. I was not ready yet. But anyhoo, on Saturday I went out with this guy my friend works with. We went to a very formal business party & he was a complete gentleman. He opened doors, pulled out my chair, the whole nine yards. When he dropped me off he walked me to the door, said he had a great time, wants to see me again. But that was it. No kiss. Does that mean he did not like me? Or was he really just being a gentlman? Maybe I am reading too much into this. He did call again when he said he would. I do not know what to think. I have been out of the dating game for quite a while. What do you think this means?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe he wants to take it slow and not rush...maybe he doesn't want this relationship to start with all the physical stuff...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It means he likes and respects you. Enjoy it. Not many men are like that anymore. He might even want a relationship and not just a quick fling. I like him already

Answer by admckenzie at 12:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Be thankful! Lol! Keep reeling him in he sounds like a good one!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I think it means he is truly a gentleman. To me the key was he siad he wanted to see you again...and then he did call. Nothing wrong with going slow. Women often choose bad partners because the relationship get physical too fast. Even if this guy doesn't turn out to be someone you see yourself with, nothing wrong with making classy friends. Thats how your desription of him hits me. Classy.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• He sounds really nice. I agree, classy. A friendship is a great way to start a relationship. If it never moves on to something physical, then fine, and if it does, you are that much farther ahead because you'll know that you like him and that it isn't just lust.

I went out with my husband for a while just as a friend- we found that we had similar interests and tastes. It wasn't until later that I found that I had fallen in love with him, and we married. Almost 40 years ago.

Answer by Bmat at 1:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Lol, my boyfriend didn't kiss me until almost a month of dating. He was very interested, kept asking me out at every chance our schedules lined up. But he didn't want to rush things, and he wanted to respect me. And I'm so glad I didn't stress him waiting, because it's likely i would have pushed him away and lost out on an amazing man who loves me and my daughter.

Sounds like you've found a great guy, and I'd try not to worry about it. Go with the flow, have a good time dating him, and try not to rush things. Enjoy the ride.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It means you better hang on to this one there are not many of those kinds of fish left don't rush anything and go with his flow be yourself and don't be to quick on stuff. If you really enjoyed his company and really felt comfortable with him give him a chance sooner or later he will show his reall colors. be patient. GL Have fun! (You just might have found Mr. Right if you play your cards right)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• if he called you when he said he would - he likes you....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2009