Is it ok to have sex if you had just had a pap smear done?

I know dumb question but I am curious I want to ask the doctor but for the same reason I don't...thank goodness for the anonymous button...lol

I mean I know they go into the vag. and take a small sample (scrape) and take it to the lab and wait for the results. But I am really just curious.

Please don't b mean :)

Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• After is ok, but not before. If you have sex before it can screw up the sample taken. :)
    Anonymous

• i always have u may spot a lil after pap
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

It doesn't interfere with the results, it causes a smelly vagina and the exam room to stink. You are asked to avoid sex 3 days or more prior to your annual Gyn exam because the staff doesn't want to smell anything more than they have to.

Anonymous