Is it okay to apply to more than one job at the same company?

There is this company that I would love to work for and they have several job openings in different departments. Is it okay to apply to all the jobs that I qualify for? Or should I just apply to the one that I want the most?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Absolutely! Even better is to find an "in" in your Linkedin network.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I guess it depends on if the jobs are all in the same building, location and using the same HR department. I think you should pick a couple that are similair and include in your cover letter that you admire the corporation and would like to work for them in one of many facits with the job or jobs you are applying for being your most suitable fit. Applying for too many may be tacky. Also, if an HR dept reads that you are interested in working for the company then they may recommend you for other positions without a resume/application for all jobs. Good luck on your search!
    hnye23

Answer by hnye23 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It's okay! As long as you actually qualify. Don't just apply to every job they have because you like the company. But if you can do the jobs it is fine to apply to more than one.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 1:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Even better is to find an "in" in your Linkedin network.

??? What does this mean?
    Anonymous

• Go to LinkedIN.com and find out. It is a career networking site.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 14, 2009