Smelly Garbage Disposal

My garbal disposal stinks!! It's really bad! Any tips tricks, or solutions on how to unstink it???

alyssa_katie

Asked by alyssa_katie at 1:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Take several lemons and cut them in half and put them thru it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• The lemons will work, but if you don't have any lemons, you can take a cup of baking soda and pour it down the disposal. Let it sit for a few minutes and then pour in a cup of vinegar. I would do it on both sides of the sink to make sure you get the smell out.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yes, Nathskitten's tip is the best one I know of except I would just add that putting some ice cubes down there at the same time as the vinegar helps get the sides etc... gl, been there, it's lousy!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I read somewhere that you can make ice cubes out of vinegar and put them down there. the vinegar will help get rid of the smell and cutting up the cubes helps sharpen the blades.
    EODMommy

Answer by EODMommy at 10:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2009