What is the big deal? (I am a member of CM but I am not a member of CM) confused?!?

I thought once you become a CM member you can feel free and browse all you want in any group but I have notice that I can not bc I am not a member of that group I don't get it why doesn't apply for me what is the big deal?

Ex: I went into this one group (well I tried to) and it said "Sorry, but you don't have permission to visit this group.

:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You are a member of CM but not a member of that forum...you have to request access by pressing the 'join' button on that forum...they do this to keep some individuals out that are known troublemakers or to track inactivity.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• In addition to what the previous poster said, I wanted to add that some groups are set to private (meaning you can't view the posts unless you are a member) because they deal with personal issues that may be of a sensitive nature, and the members don't want the whole world to see. If there is a group you're interested in, you can always apply for membership in that group. Then you can feel comfortable and secure there too, knowing that your posts are private, especially if the group is run by responsible administrators who monitor the posts and screen new members to make sure they are trustworthy. Really, it's for everyone's protection, so no reason to feel offended by it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2009