In response to the SAHM luxury question

For SAHM moms , what do you think when you see a working mom who works two full-time jobs to pay bills and babysitting costs, and rarely sees her kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thats she's doing what needs to be done to provide for them. Yes, it sucks for the kids, but hopefully once the economy got better, the mom would be able to find a better paying job and only work one. Sometimes, you do what you have to to make sure your children are fed, clothed, and have a roof over their head and a warm place to sleep.
    IrishPenn

Answer by IrishPenn at 1:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I think she does what she has to and I respect her. Just as I would hope that she respects me for doing what I have to do. I just love these loaded questions. I don't know why there has to be this constant fight over who is the better parent.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• this question is BS. Are you bored today and looking for drama?
    Anonymous

• I am not a SAHM but I would like to answer your question or atleast put my two cents in.

I am a working mom and it sucks to have missed so much time out of my sons life... with being a single mom, I had no other choice but to work away from home. (I know that not all moms that work away from home are single... single or not... some moms have to and some choose to work away from home... thats life) I do think that if the tables were turned and I had the opportunity to stay home, I would have stayed home with my son longer than six weeks but I would have returned back to work. We all live different kind of life styles and were raised differently. Not everyone understands why we do what we do but no matter how we live, whether we are SAHM or not, as long as our children are loved and taken care of everyday, that should be all that matters.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• You do what You have to do for your family and nobody can make that desicion but you .

I am not working now but I will have to come this new year I don't want to but it's what I HAVE to do for my fmaily !
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• llama llama Pictures, Images and Photos
    Anonymous

• I feel bad for her because she's not able to spend a lot of time w/her kids. However, I greatly respect her for doing what she needs to do to care for her family. Kudo's to all you hard working moms who do what you need to!
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 1:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• OP here,

This is a real question. No BS intented (aren't we just lovely people).

I'm one of those working moms who had no decision in the matter. It's just when other moms tell me what is a luxury and what is not, I feel that I'm getting slapped across the face. If I had the choice to stay home, I would have, but I couldn't. Oh by the way, when my daughter was younger, I worked at a department store during the day, nightstocked at a grocery store at night, and sold credit cards in between. I tried to find that one job, but noone wanted to hire me.
    Anonymous

• OP here again,

Hey Drama Llama, you such a gem with the html. Why don't you use the width and height properties in your img src tag?
    Anonymous

• I admire her for busting her butt and taking care of her kids.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2009