Bed pillow

I bought my son a pillow for his crib, he will be 2 next month but I think its too big - when do they actually need a pillow? its a kids pillow but it seems to full I guess.

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son is almost 2 and he has one of those little travel pillows in his bed. He loves it and they aren't too big. They are just right for him.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I would let him use the pillow during bedtime stories and prayers and such but not to actually sleep on it.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 1:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Wow, my oldest has had a pillow since he was like 9 months old and he is nearly 3.5 years old. At first I got him a throw pillow from Wal-Mart to sleep on. It was $5 and he loved it. Well it wore out and he had a real pillow but he still wanted a throw pillow so we went and got him another one.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• People don't ever NEED pillows. I've been doing a lot of reading lately that pillows actually aren't at all good for your spine. But we're all used to using them, they're kinda standard. My kids didn't have pillows until they moved into a bed, around 2-3, and even then I gave them my old flattened out pillows that weren't so full.

Answer by missanc at 2:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Mine were in beds at 15 months, so they had pillows much younger than 2.
    Anonymous

• No pillows in cribs. When he is in a bed then he can have the pillow. The problem is in a crib the pillow has no place to go and the kid can get trapped and smother. Mine were about 2 when we moved them to beds and they had small, sort of flat ones then.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I didn't give mine one until he was out of his crib and into a bed.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2009