Can you help me with this...please?

I am not a very neat person especially in the bedroom I feel bad bc no matter how much I try it doesn't stay neat looking for long. My dh bought some really nice bed sheets for our bed (Egyptian 1000 TC) and a duvet to go with our goose down comforter (egyptian too) and he bought a nice 42in. television with the HD picture built in omg all I need now is to get some really nice curtains...Any Ideas???

and any tips on being alot neater to show my appreciation and of course show him my appreciation if you know what I mean... :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Simply put, the key to staying neat in any room is to keep things that don't belong in that room...OUT! Anything not related to sleeping/sex/getting dressed for the day doesn't belong in a bedroom. No mail, magazines, kid's toys, medications and makeup...you get the idea. Just a bed, dressers, night stands, your TV.

Put the things that DO belong in there back where they belong when you are done with them. For instance, put away all the clothes as they are cleaned...right away. Don't leave them in a pile on the bed. Make your bed every morning right when you get out of it.

Congratulations on the bedroom makeover. Enjoy the serenity of neatness.

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 1:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• wow, you could have just stated your point without throwing in our face that you have all that expensive stuff. some of us are having trouble finding food for our family and you want to flaunt how rich you are? being untidy isn't your only problem, lady.
    Anonymous

• how hard is it to just clean your room? u r a gown woman for crying out loud
    Anonymous

• For some of us, keeping the house clean IS a challenge...mainly because cleaning is just slightly more boring than sleeping. **grin**

Flylady.net....the systems there WORK and will help.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• wow some of these people are mean or just ignorant id hate for them to come to my house im not neat either and am really strugguling since my daughter is 17 months old and into everything and a baby on the way i dont have the energy to clean up all the time.!! My advise and u would be amazed at how much u can get done take 5 minutes and clean up each room every day u dont have to do it all at once break it up if u want and get rid of stuff that u dont use clutter makes a room look dirty when it its really not good luck i feel your pain!!
    beck2630

Answer by beck2630 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I understand the challenge. People who know me today, & didn't know me when the kids were young might be surprised that I struggle to keep the house clean & organized. I agree with gdiamante Flylady is great.

For me personally, I found that the chaos in my housekeeping was directly related to the chaos in the rest of my life. As I learned to eliminate some stress, & handle other stress, I was able to keep the house in better order as well. I think getting nice new things when you can does motivate you to keep those rooms looking great.

For your curtains, I'd try to pick up on the style of the duvet & bedroom furniture, & the colors you have in your room. Something that coordinates well. In the bedroom I also tend to like darker curtains so they keep light out early in the morning. I like having sheers under them so they can be open during the day for light, but still have privacy.

Enjoy your room and congratulations!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Wow, you seem like a big baby..with no friends.
    Anonymous

• First of all, ignore the anons, that's why I hate the anon option, because no matter what you do or say, no matter what your problem is, there's always someone with a smart remark about it, nothing better to do with their time except try to cause trouble. With that being said, back to your question. My ex husband was the biggest slob and no matter how much I cleaned, it was never neat and organized. When I moved out on my own I started from the get go organizing and keeping my house clean. A little each day will help, I usually make a list of things that need to be done that week, and work on it a little each day. That way my house stays neat and clean. (Except for making my bed LOL)
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2009