How do you know if you're depressed or just worn out?

I figured being 8 months pregnant explained why I've been so tired but then I started thinking. Lately my husband has done some things, borderline cheating, and it's been several things. I haven't really had any emotional reaction other than mad. I don't think I have any other symptoms of depression but, I'm not really sure. I still go about my day as usual and I still eat and I still occupy my time with the same things as usual and enjoy them just as much as usual. I just don't think being able to sleep 13 hours several days in a row is normal. I mean, I feel fine but the sleeping that long that often is a red flag to me because it is highly abnormal for me. Maybe I don't have any other symptoms because I'm blocking it out? I don't know. I'm not really familiar with depression of any kind, severe or every day "normal" depression.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• i'd think having a husband who's cheating on me or "borderline" cheating while I am 8 months pergnant would be a good enough reason to be depressed....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• but along with maxsmom, I slept 11-12 hours or more at 8 months too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Ask your doctor. From descriptions I've read of depression, I think you may not have it, but I am not in the medical field, and this is just a wild guess and may be totally incorrect. But tired because of the pregnancy and because of the added stress, yes. You have good reason to feel tired and sad and stressed. Talk with your doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 2:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• OP here. My mom's a nurse and she knows all the things tht have been going on recently and I mentioned the whole sleeping 13 hours several days in a row and her response was "Well of course you're going to be tired. I wouldn't worry about it.". So, I'm guessing it's probably just being tired because I know she has experience with depression because I guess a couple of my uncles have/had it really bad. I guess as long as I'm still eating and still sane and putting on the correct amount of weight, then I'm ok. But I will still mention it at my next appointment since DH won't be there. They said he didn't put it on the board with enough notice so he can't go. That's ok though. They're doing the 36-week swab next appointment and I feel weird when he's there and there doing anything "down there". I'm kind of a prude. No, just conservative.

Thank you for the answers/suggestions.
    Anonymous