need a good chili recipe

I just have ground beef and I need to make a good chili. Going to the store shortly and need some good recipes please thanks!

meghan925

Asked by meghan925 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

Level 1 (-25 Credits)
  • I don't like the acidity of tomatos so I opt for beef broth instead of tomato juice and I add salsa instead of tomatos or stewed tomatos
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• We like spicy foods. So we add jalapeno peppers, but you can keep them out. Onions, chili beans, tomatoes, tomatoes with chillies (you can opt this out) garlic, and ground beef. It is simple, but when if you cook it slowly over 2 or 3 hours, or more, the flavors mix together and it becomes richer. We cook the hamburger with half an onion, salt, pepper, garlic and a jalapeno pepper. While this is cooking, we mix the chili beans, tomatoes, more garlic, beef broth or boullion, jalapeno together. When the hamburger is done or almost done, we add it to the soup and let it cook together for a couple of hours. Like I said, you can opt out of the jalapenos spicy things if you don't like them, but the longer it cooks the better the flavors mix and it is really good. Also, really easy.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Best Chili Ever
    2 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
    4 cups vegetable broth
    1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 (15-ounce) can white (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
    1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    1 cup frozen baby lima beans or regular lima beans or corn
    1 cup chopped onion
    1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 can tomato paste
    2 tablespoons chili powder, or more to taste
    2 tablespoons dried Mexican oregano or regular oregano (or more to taste)
    2 teaspoons ground cumin (or more to taste)
    1 teaspoon ground coriander (or more to taste)
    1 to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
    1-2 Tbl masa, mixed with cold water
    1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
    1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
    Salt to taste (I add this last)

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 7:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• If you don’t have a slowcooker, this can simmer on the stove; stir and add liquid as needed. In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients but the masa, shredded cheese, cilantro and salt. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Five to 10 minutes before serving (depending on temperature of slow cooker) add masa and water mixture, cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and other spices.
    Just before serving, top each serving with shredded cheese and cilantro.