Do you ever get your kids outdoor toys for Christmas?

My son will be 2 on Christmas and I would love to get him a few outside toys....but it seems odd to get them and then it be too cold for him to go out and play anytime soon. I don't think he would be too happy about having toys he couldn't play with. So, do you get your kids outside toys for Christmas?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Holidays

• We have, they get new bikes every christmas and two years ago they got a fourwheeler. We live in the south so it is rarely too cold to play outside. Sometimes yes but not most of the time LOL..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yeah, we've gotten them bikes, ride on things when they were little and a few years ago they got a trampolene. But we live in Texas, so our cold weather can come and go. Even when it's cold it doesn't stay for a really long time. Besides, it's easy to bundle up and go play outside. Sure beats staying indoors and keeping all that energy bottled up, even in the winter.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• if your talking about like shovels and pails and stuff then you ds could always let him play with them in the snow...make snow castles...i didnt last year but i might this year..my dd is only 14 months
    Houstyn08

Answer by Houstyn08 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I do but I also live in Austin and it never gets that cold here. If you're worried about it you can always leave them inside until it gets warmer outside. We had a Little Tykes playscape in our livingroom for a month or two once!
    Anonymous

• We've lived in warm weather climates but even it had been cold, I would have bought toys that would fit in the house but then could go outside when it warmed up. He had tricycles, smaller playsets and wagons and the like that he rode thru the house. All sorts of things that can be used both indoor and out.
    ethan0530

Answer by ethan0530 at 4:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• No we do that for Easter. My middle DD has a feb birthday so it is not even warm enough then for anything outdoors.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009