Do you consider yourself racist?

I'm doing a little research and was wondering if you moms would honestly answer this question. Please no bashing, just answer honestly and explain why you gave your answer. I am posting anonymously as I don't want a million messages nor to be bashed, just open, honest answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I don't. Racism turns my stomach, in fact. I've been doing some research on the National Socialist Movement (neo-Nazis) as they're staging events in my area, and reading their website makes me ill.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• No, not at all. I'm sad to say that my mom is though. I won't go into what she said because I don't want to be bashed. I wasn't raised that way so I'm just shocked at some of the things she says. I love all people. I wouldn't want anyone to judge me on how i look.
    Anonymous

• No, to me a human being is the same as the next, no color, ethnic background, etc would make any difference.

Answer by older at 2:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Well, I suppose that would depend on which definition you are using.

Under the traditional definition, NO. Under the current definition where racist is somone that disagrees with a black person, I suppose the answer is yes.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Ordinarily, no.  However in some ways yes.  I don't agree with Algebra at all; numbers and letters shouldn't mix - they should stick to their own kind.  It makes my head hurt!  God made the alphabet and then he made numbers.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I never started out hating a certain group, but when you turn on the news and 4 out of every criminals are black. I used to be all about equality and all that until I started actually watching crime stoppers and the freakin NEWS! It's harsh but it's the truth!
    Anonymous

• No, I see people as people. There are good and bad in every race and I do not hold an entire race accountable for what individual people do.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• No, I do not consider myself racist. Even though I have been called it more in this forum then ever in my whole life!
    I grew up in an all Black community, I spent a good majority of my life being raised by a woman named Joyce who is like a mother to me, I went to a 90% Black high school, my sister is married to a Black man, I have the 3 most beautiful Bi-racial nephews and niece, My best friend since 3rd grade is a guy named Kevin who is Black. I also have a really good friend that would bend backwards to help me and I for him who is not only Black but Gay!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I don't consider myself a racist, but I suppose it would all depend on who you ask.

LOL, Ladybug. I hate Algebra too. I completely agree, numbers should stick with numbers and letters with letters.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Nope. I have a relative who is a hardcore racist-belongs to a certain group, lives in a certain area and spouts off his rheoteric. I know the difference.
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 2:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009