Has anyone else had this happen to them? TMI

First let me just say that I have already called my doctor, I am waiting for her to call me back. Ok I have really irregular periods, less than 8 a year. I had a period last month & I just got one this month. I woke up this morning completely covered in blood. It was nasty. I have since changed about 6 tampons in about 4 hours. I know that I am not pregnant so I do not know what could be going on. Has this happened to anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• It could be PCOS...they will probably need to put you on hormones.
    Anonymous

• I have the exact same issue! Not kidding, exactly the same. It turns out that I have recurring ovarian cysts, and that's why they are irregular, and even very bloody. I was told by Gyno that rupture brings on lots of pain and heavy bleeds, and cysts make irregular periods. BC is supposed to fix it, but I can't take it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• No, but I would go to the doctor to get checked out. Good luck to you.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 2:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2009