Dry horrid cough

My DD (2.5) has a runny nose and when she gets up from nap or bedtime, will cough badly for about an hour. I know it's from sinus drainage. No fever or other symptoms. I have a humidifier going in her room and another for the whole house. Besides medications, what can I give that is natural?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know if it considered natural but vicks on the chest and neck and feet. The feet seems to help with coughing don't no why, but it doesn't hurt and there feet are really soft afterwords. Also I would use a warm mist humidifier, it helps move things along better. And if you really want, Little noses makes decongestant drops for the nose. you could at least dry it up while she sleeps, so less drainage. Hope that helps.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2009