What's wrong with the name Lucifer?

I know it's Satan's name. ...but is there anything else wrong with it? what if somebody decided to name their child Lucifer? What would go through your head?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would think "Oh I had a cat named Lucifer." I don't associate the name with people. Ever since Disney used it for that fat black cat in Cinderella to me it's a cat name. My Luci-boo was really pretty, she was jet black with crystal blue eyes, and a little white diamond on her chest....I did in fact name her after the Cinderella cat.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• The parents were nuts and like the family that named their kid Adolph Hitler.
    Anonymous

• uh.. it's one of satan's names
    Anonymous

• Are you kidding me?
    Anonymous

• Oh ya know...I want to add. My cousin's name is Damien lol...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I want to add. My cousin's name is Damien lol...
    __________

My SO was supposed to be named Damien, but the Omen came out right before he was born.
    So they changed it.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

__________

So they changed it.
    ---------------------------

haha...I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't watch the Omen and said "Oh shit that's a rad name!" He's only 12 and i can see my aunt and uncle doing that.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• First thing that would occur to me is that it's a pet name, closely followed by the devil reference. When I was a kid my friend had two rats, Lucifer and Beelzebub.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I would think, oh that poor child will prob have a difficult life with a name like that! Folks can be so judgemental and I wouldn't be surprised if the kiddo changed the name as soon as he came of age. I know there are a lot of ppl named Jesus, but that too seems a bit presumptuous. It would be a difficult name to live up to! My name is Angel and I hated it growing up. I feel as though it made me an easy target. I get insecure that ppl won't take me seriously on job applications as well. ppl always ask if its my real name.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i love the name, i wouldnt name my child that though, i wouldnt want him to be teased...my names Ariel and that was even hard to live with growing up.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009