Baby is 1 yr. old and wont drink cold milk

My baby is one years old and doesn't like cold milk I have warmed it up for him and he will eat it. How much milk should he drink at this age he gets three jars of baby food a day and snacks in between usually for breakfast i mix baby food with cereal and a little juice. He only takes a sippy cup and i try to limit to using 2 sippy cups a day one for juice and one for milk and rinse really well in between. Do other moms just buy a gallon of milk and leave it at their babysitters for the week or do you just pack it in sippy cups?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My sitter provides milk...that is what I pay them for.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My youngest is like that. He won't drink milk cold either. I just heat it in the microwave for 40 seconds to get rid of the chill.
    Your LO should be getting about 16 oz of whole milk a day. They still need the calories from the whole milk until age two.
    I would send a sippy to the babysitter everyday, then you know how much your LO is drinking.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• At one, your baby should be getting 2 cups or 16 oz of milk a day plus another dairy serving (cheese, yogurt, etc.)...or three cups of milk. Mine insists on 3 cups of milk a day plus eats yogurt and cheese, although recently she has been backing off a bit. She is 18 mo., and I still serve it warm. You could try progressively giving it less warm...just reduce the time on the microwave by 5 seconds every couple of days until you're not microwaving at all. I would leave a gallon at the sitters for the week and ask her for a report of what your LO is consuming during the day.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I agree with Angie - just warm it a little less every couple of days so he can get used to it. Don't know about the sitter, I'm a SAHM. But I do think that a cup of juice everyday is a lot of empty calories and too much sugar, even if it's diluted.

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Babies this age should ideally still be breastfed, so I would think they would prefer warm milk over cold. If your sitter has a problem with warming his milk I'd find a new one! Also, you said he gets 2 sippy cups a day, one milk, one juice, what about water? He should really be getting water over juice. DD's 18 months and we do a 50% juice 50% water once every week or two. Other then that she only gets breast milk and water.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2009