Why are people so immature ?

I had an account on here a year ago that i deleted because some people on here were very immature, but i liked the advice you can get from this website. The problem is is that there are some people on here who ruin it for me. I told someone my advice, not really my advice but what my grandmother told me works and what my daughter did when presented with the same problem and was called a lunatic. I understand that people aren't going to always agree with me, and that's not the problem, i can deal with that, i just expect it to be done in a mature way without the name calling. And now, yet again, i find myself not wanting to come here and offer my advice, or ask questions because i don't want to be belittled by childish name calling. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yeah but I take it with a grain of salt, so to speak - I wouldn't let immature people ruin a good site for me. what i've done is met some wonderful friends and just communicate with them via email and once I give advice, I rarely look back as what others think of my advice - if the original poster wants to know more, they can see my profile and email me -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• They really don't know you. And you don't know them.

Don't care so much what people you don't know and respect think of you.

It's what your close friends and family think of you that is important.

This is a social networking site. Some people are rude because of the anonymity of the computer.

Keep giving your opinion. Be true to who you are.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 2:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Don't let them get to you. I see where your coming from....plenty of times
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 2:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yes, I deleted my account last year too. But now I'm back and my skin is a little thicker. Who cares what others think if they are going to be like that? I don't know them, thank goodness.
    Anonymous

• Personal attacks are against this site's community guidelines and should be reported. Keep in mind people on the internet aren't always what they claim to be. You could have been insulted by a 13 yr old or a mom who had rightfully lost custody, or even a male who is afraid of women and thinks it's too funny. Even if someone has a profile photo and photos of kids, don't just assume it's another mom until you get to know them. Take your title to heart, some people are immature all right.
    Anonymous

• its why i post anon
    Anonymous