Horrible Dry cough...

My DD (2.5) has a runny nose and when she gets up from nap or bedtime, will cough badly for about an hour. I know it's from sinus drainage. No fever or other symptoms. I have a humidifier going in her room and another for the whole house. Besides medications, what can I give that is natural?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• Honey with a little lemon mixed in? This helped my children. Just a small amount- half a teaspoon - would usually do it.

Answer by Bmat at 2:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My mom gave my son fresh parsley brewed into a tea. She sweetened it with a little bit of fresh orange juice. She swears that if you can chew fresh parsley (my son wouldn't do it) it goes away easier. Good luck to you both.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 2:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2009