Anyone else have a love/hate relationship w/the holiday season????

We used to have these grand Christmases until my parents divorce. Now that I have kids I cringe at the entire holiday season. Who are we going to spend the holidays with? What and who will we buy,How much to spend-all that. I hate to sound like a total Scrooge but I'd like to get on a plane and spend my holidays on a desert island!!! How bout you??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Holidays

• Nope, I love the holidays. At first-I didn't. My dh has a very large family so we run around a lot. But, I got used to it. Now, I love it. I enjoy getting to see everyone and having the kids be able to spend time with such a big family~something that I didn't have growing up.
    Anonymous

• I start shopping in August lol. Makes it easier financially to spread it out
    Anonymous

• I love Christmas. It is my favorite time of the year. I love the cold. I mean, well I live in California so it's not to cold. I just love the cozy feeling of it. The malls, and everywhere being decorated. We put our tree up after Thanksgiving so I feel like it's Christmas for more than one day. I just love it!
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Nope - No love hate... Just hate! I absolutely hate Christmas with a passion!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• And that is why I do all the Christmas gatherings .... My MIL does Thanksgiving and I do Christmas.
    If dh and I think that our two families won't mess well that yr we will offer up 2 seperate dates and dinner is on me...lol...
    As for gift buying ... Children come first... I have 6 grandchildren and 1 of them I have custody of and 2 we hardly ever see thru-out the yr let alone during the holidays... but we buy for them as well and send the gifts... then we pick little items and alot of home-made ones to give as gifts...
    I will do again cookie baskets for my side of the family with a small token gift in each basket...
    I have NO Love/Hate for the Holidays... tho I can get mighty bitchy....LOL... I LOVE THEM...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• O I know how you feel! I live in Chicago...it gets soooo cold (-20)! No, I am not even kidding one bit. So to drag 3 kids on their winter/Christmas break from school and put them in a car covered with snow and slipping on ice in freezing weather only to come to a mall with hundreds of people and spend all my money and buy nothing for myself. Not looking forward to that at all. Mexico here I come-I wish!
    Anonymous