Is it okay to have protected sex before your six weeks is up from having a baby?

It's been 3 weeks, and my fiance n I had a close call. Can my uterus stand sex at the moment?

1HotMama2009

Asked by 1HotMama2009 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I've had 2 kids and started having sex within 2 weeks after both births. Everything was fine for me.
    Anonymous

• most likely not. I know that mine hadn't fully healed after the 6 weeks and some of my stitches ended up coming out. Now I have big gaps in my skin down there and it hurts to have sex sometimes because it feels like it might rip again and when moisture gets into the gaps in the skin it makes the worst (and LOUD) noises during sex : /
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 2:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't chance it. Some people heal quickly but honestly, you could get hurt even if your delivery was uncomplicated.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• You need time to heal

Answer by admckenzie at 2:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i started having sex every day 2 weeks after i had my son. im fine! no problems.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2009