Can you do a paternity test before the babies born? If so ... how does it get done?

this isnt for me LOL ... AT ALL ... im watchin a tv show and they mentioned it , but never said how ... just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Never had one either, but I'm guessing they could do it with amniocentisis. That looks for genetic abnormalities.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have seen episodes of Law and Order where they do it by testing the amniotic fluids for DNA. It CAN be done, but amniocentesis is a risky procedure that could harm the baby. I would think that, unless it is absolutely necessary, a paternity test could wait until the baby is born.

Were you watching the same episode of Law and Order that I was? LOL!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• oooh ok!
    no i wasnt watching law and order , but i had watched that one before .. i actually had on a soap (which i dont watch but didnt change it bc nothing was on anyway...lol) and a girl had mentioned it and im like 'no u cant!' lol !!
    Anonymous

• HAHA... I just saw that L&O yesterday on netflix! lol!

Yes, it can be done. They have to go in and do an amneo, which can be very dangerous and they can then get the babies DNA from that...

It's only ever done in emergency situations! And should only be done when there is NO OTHER OPTION because it does put the baby at risk!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2009