have you ever taken valium

what was your experience? Im going to the dentist and was told to take it an hr before my appointment. I don't know what to expect. Did it put you to sleep? Groggy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• little sleepy....sorta loopy...but nothing too bad
    for obvious reasons dont drive
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My Dr. gave me a valium once to take right before an MRI so I would be relaxed...lol, total understatement. I was in the MRI tube less than 3 minutes before I zonked out for the entire test, which was about 45 mins. I felt good after, I remember totally noticing that my husband's crazy driving on the way home didn't stress me out even one bit, lol. I just felt very content and carefree.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Same for me as the above ladies... it was given to me to take prior to a procedure and it just relaxed me. I realized after the fact that I had probably been a little more "out of it" than I realized at the time. I thought I was just relaxed but I think I kinda did "drift" a little bit. Anyway, it served it's purpose and I felt fine from it afterwards. Everyone is different ofcourse but that was my experience. GL to you.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• valium is funnnnnn. im not a druggy, im really not. but i cant help but admit that i get excited when i get a script for painkillers.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i have pannick attacks and it helps alot... believe me it can claim you down if your woked up. gl
    EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I had to take on before my Essure procedure. It just made me loopy and out of it. Wish it would've done more on the pain front though.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009