what would you do

DH's freinds daughter is having a Quinceneta (sorry can't spell) saturday and he wants me to go with him, and DH hasn't been drinkin for a month ( but smoking like crazy) anyway he told me the other day I think without thinking that he was going to get trashed at the party, well now I don't want to go with him, I know I should to be the designated driver, but I can't stand him drunk he treats us like crap and I don't want to deal with it, thats why he stopped drinking now, I don't know if I should go or not, what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell him how I feel and then if he starts drinking, leave, don't tell him, don't get into some BIG long dramatized fight, just leave.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Just do not go if he is going to get trashed, It is a 15-year olds party. Send a gift. And tell him the truth and how you feel.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Ppl get drunk at a kid's party? That's just wrong on many levels.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• They do, last year at the same friends daughters party they were all pretty messed up, but his wife and daughters hate when he drinks so I'm hoping the alcohol will be limited
    Anonymous

• This is a Quincenera. You know very well that the alcohol is not going to be limited. This is a h-Hispanic party and the alcohol will be flowing everywhere. You need to tell him that if he is going to drink that you are not going to go. In fact tell him that no matter what, you are not going to go. How easy will it be for him to say that he won't drink and start when he gets there. Also, tell him that if goes, you will lock the door on him. Make sure you take his house key before he goes and take all hidden keys inside before he goes. It will be better if he does not go at all. He sounds like he might be an alcoholic and he needs to keep himself away from the temptation. I hope you two can work something out, but you know him well enough to know that if he goes he will be drinking. Good luck.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Alcohol at a underage party. Classy.
    Anonymous