How many of you have problems with acne still?

I'm thirty years old and I can't get rid of the stuff...!! I get the the really painful, sub-surface kind...ugh...right now my whole face hurts...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do. Unless I go tanning-I have it on my back! It is awful and painful. But tanning is the ONLY thing that has ever seemed to get rid of it. I am almost 30, too.
    Anonymous

• I had acne until I started drinking cranberry juice in the morning instead of OJ, just for the benefits of cranberries, and I noticed after a few weeks that my acne was gone. It turns out that the OJ was causing it, and I didn't know. I asked my family members and it turns out that my father and sister and son are allergic to OJ. So you may want to try to figure out if you could have sensitivity to something you eat or drink or even soap or makeup.

Answer by Bmat at 2:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I am pushing 30 also and still have issues with acne. I have started getting it on my back now too. Maybe I should go tan, that would prob dry it out! thanks!
    Anonymous

• I do. I read something recently that is really helping. Apparently, adult acne is not caused by the same things that adolescent acne is caused by. Instead of trying to dry it out...think moisture. Drink lots of water during the day...use a mild cleanser with a mild exfoliant once or twice a day (I use Biore Poor Unclogging Scrub)...use a mild moisturizer with no drying ingredients (I use Aveeno Positively Radiant). If you wear makeup, pick one that is all natural and is non-comedogenic (I use Bare Minerals...by far the best for coverage and not clogging poors). Stick to the same routine for a few weeks (it can take up to a month for your skin to get used to new products). Also, if you tend to have hormone related acne (i.e. its worse during your period, while breastfeeding, while pregnant, etc.) then make sure you're taking your B Vitamins...studies are showing they help regulate hormone levels. Good Luck
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I'm 20 and had it most of my teen years...I've recently been washing my face more and using a good moisturizer, and it's been helping a lot.

Also a good diet and regular exercise can help. Feeling healthy and feeling good about yourself really can do wonders---feel good hormones are the best medicine out there!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yep, tanning helps with mine too. Or if I go swimming at the beach. Beach water is like the best thing to get rid of acne ever.
    Anonymous

• I never really broke out till I got on the pill, it made me fat and have acne lol and now I'm on a dresprate search to find something to take it away.
    Anonymous

• I have used Proactiv for about the last ten years. It is the best thing on the market. My skin is pretty nice now. I always get compliments on it. If you try it hope it works for you.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• im 22, and i still have it. i have to agree with the first post that laying in the sun really helps it alot. but i also finally found a cleanser that works. i found it at a plastic surgeon / spa place in florida. its like 40 bucks a bottle. its worth it. if you want to know more, message me! it cleared up my skin in like 2 -3 weeks, when nothing else has ever worked and ive been trying things since i was 14.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I wouldnt say I have bad acne, but my skin sucks. I get blackheads on my nose and chin and bumps on my cheeks. Mine gets bad about a week before I start then slowly goes away, I get maybe a few days where my skin looks ok before I am PMSing again and starting the vicious circle over. Microdermabrasion in a salon works really well for me, but gets costly so its a luxury I am not indulging in at the moment.

EarthMom6

Answer by EarthMom6 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2009