My seven month old son is still waking up 3 times a night. I cant let him cry it out because I live in an appartment. Any suggestions?

ness_033

Asked by ness_033 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• does he get up to eat? if so, feed him
    does he get up to be comforted? if so, comfort him
    no baby should "cray it out" that's such crap, if he needs you, take care of him
    Anonymous

• cry* my bad
    Anonymous

• if he is dry and not sick do not pick him or feed him. Roll him over and pat his back.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Good luck hon! My 2 year old still gets up at least 3-5 times a night... My 3 year old is finally down to only once!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Have you tried co-sleeping? It is what the child wants. It is not natural to put a child alone in a room. Why would a person need to buy so much junk just to fight this? Cribs, bumpers, music makers, mobiles, etc, all to try to placate a child who is not getting what they want and need.
    Most of the world thinks this is strange -putting a baby in a cage, away from their caretaker for the night.
    My two youngest (8 and 10) are STILL mostly in my bed, sigh!
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I am not trying to create drama - just hopefully giving you a different perspective!
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• sounds like my son. he is 7mts too. he has his good nites and bad nites. yesterday was the first time he went 8 hrs without eating and i was able to sleep. he usually sleeps 5 hrs staright and then is up every 3 hrs eating. i cosleep so i put on his paci and try to put him back to slee. sometime i can get a lil bit of sleep
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It depends largely on what you're doing now when he wakes up. If you're feeding him, don't. Does he go to sleep without you? If he does, then he should be able to soothe himself back to sleep.
    Anonymous

• my son was sleeping through the night from 4 months up til 7 months and then out of no where was waking up 2-6 times during the night. Not always was he hungry though. If your lo will take a binky try that and rubbing back. Its hard but my son finally grew out of it after 2 weeks. Now he is 9 months and he did this for about a week when he turned 9 months but finally is out of that stage again. I think many babies just go through a stage of this a diff times. Could be growth spurt, teething, lonely who knows? Maybe that your lo is gonna learn something new soon or has learned something new and wants to do it more often. Its hard on mommies but you will be okay. :) I understand the crying it out method...its not a choice that I choose. Just keep doing your best and good luck :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I went through this too. Mine was hungry. If I fed him, he went right back to sleep. So, it depends if your baby is just crying for your company, or crying to be fed. My baby is now 17 months old and he still wakes up hungry once a night on some nights. He'll drink a sippy cup of milk and go right back to sleep. Some babies are hungry at night no matter how badly you want them to sleep through the night.

If your baby isn't hungry and is waking for your company, then look up "The Long Goodbye" method of sleep training.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2009