I am a single mom...

Without knowing my story... what would you say is the reason why I am a single mom?

What is the first thing that pops in your head?

I see so many people on CM judging single moms, putting them all in one catagory.

Saying that they are single moms because they made bad choices, because they slept around, because they were irresponsible... etc.

I am mostly asking this question out of curiosity.

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • b/c it didn't work out with you and your s/o that's what i think but it's none of my busines so i don't think too much into it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It depends on the age of your kids. If they are older, I would say you are divorced and things didn't work out. If they are young, I would assume that maybe you made some poor choices in who you chose to make a baby with. But your dh could have passed away, as well. LOTS of things could have happened, I don't generally think about it too much.
    I was a single mom too at one time.

Answer by missanc at 3:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Life goes on. There are too many things going on around us to be concerned about this.

But even on the lighter side, here's an article that Americans marry too much article with the highest divorce rate. Kids get harmed by having too many people come and go because of our crazy Puritan values. So don't dwell too much on what others think, but about yourself and the best interest of your child. God Speed!!
    Anonymous

• When I hear single mom two things come to mind "stupid dead beat dad didn't stay around" and "why do guys think they can just leave"...... no joke! lol i never think bad of the woman.... we all make bad choices it's if we take care of those choices that matter
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Since you probably didn't sleep around or make a mistake I'm going to guess that either your husband died Or maybe you adopted as a single person. I know women in both catagories.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 3:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• divorced
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Well, since I am a single mom by divorce, I tend to think that of other single moms as well. But, I also wouldn't just assume. If we were comfortable enough with each other, I would just ask you what happened.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• The first thing that pops into my head is that you slept with a guy who had no intention of staying with you or is a total ass in another way: bad choices.
    Second, maybe divorce, again due to bad choices.
    Third, maybe widowed.
    There are so many reasons. I just feel bad for the kids, regardless.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2009