Days and Nights

My baby is only 1 week old and has her days and nights switched she's up from 3 am till 10 am and sleeps all day. How do I help her get out of this routine? Or will she eventually. Just get it straighten out?

Mandy211

Asked by Mandy211 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• make a bed time routine, like a warm bath and a bottle, keep the lights off, no tv, quiet, and keep it that way when she wakes up for feedings in the middle of the night too. in the day time, make it very bright, music, tv, playing, talking etc.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• you dont you let her worke her on schedule. you can try waking her up or not lettingher sleep so much duriong the day. by the way all newborns are like that. i try all the tips pp said andi ddint work for me. my kids figured out their own schedule. my dd sleep thru the nite at 2 mts(5 hrrs straight) yes thats sleeping thru the nite. ds ddint sleep thru the nite till 6 mts.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• That's pretty normal for a lot of babies. For my kids, I woke them up every 3 hours during the day to eat, working hard to keep them awake long enough to get a full feeding (i changed their diaper, undressed them, even rubbed a wet washcloth on their faces), at night I would let them sleep as long as they would go. It didn't take too many days of that for them to get the idea and start sleeping more at night and less during the day. But it took around 2-3 months to get them to sleep what I consider through the night which is 8 plus hours. By 2 weeks or so they were sleeping the 5 hours/night that some people say is "through the night"

Answer by missanc at 3:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2009