is this breastmilk still good you think?

I pumped around 3 pm yesterday, just like 1.5 oz cause I am trying to introduce a bottle. Well she wouldn't take the bottle so I re-refrigerated the bottle like twice yesterday and overnight after it had been out for a little while. Can I try giving my 10 wk old DD this same bottle again this afternoon? I know its just a little milk but I cant pump a whole lot. Thanx!

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• me either, it's probally not any good... i don't think you're supposed to refridgerate then warm it up then put it back in the fridge, i think you only wamr it once then no more after that
    Anonymous

• you can only warmed it up once.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I know how you feel. Every little ounce (drop) you wish could be saved. But just as arisce said, I wouldn't to be on da safe side. How's she doing w/ the bottle. Any luck? Try holding her with her back against ur chest. If dad can do it instead of u, that would be better. She can smell ur boobs.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• thanks for your answers everybody! i went ahead and discarded that milk. i think today after i pump i won't refrigerate it, i'll just try the bottle a couple times within like 6 hours or something and if she won't take it, i'll just toss it.
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Pump what you can and just put a very little bit in the bottle & keep the rest in the fridge so you have more to try later. Once it touches their mouth the bacteria starts growing and it is best to throw away the unused portion.

Anonymous