HELP!!!!Where can a find a good Nursing Home in Chicago for my dad!

My dad who happens to be a stroke victim was admitted to Ambassador Nursing Home & Rehab Center in Chicago last April 2008, and just this past Friday, he received injuries to his eye and both upper and lower lips! He can hardly speak or express himself to those who don't understand him, but he made me understand that a CNA who was changing his diaper hit him twice in the face! Once in the eye, and once in the mouth which caused two busted lips! I am so OUTRAGED! I had to call the cops and make a report because they didnt even bother! The police officer had an evidence technician come and take pictures of my poor daddys face, and we are seeking an attorney...am I wrong for this? The CNA told the administrator that my dad was being COMBATIVE! and he had to restrain him! LIKE THAT???? Please let me know if anyone in Chicago has some advice on a good nursing and rehab facility, he has medicare... :( :( Thanks YOU!!

number_one_mami

Asked by number_one_mami at 3:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• take him home with you, that's the only way you know he'll be safe and well taken care of
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately elder abuse is relativity common and most people accept the explanation given by the home if they even check up on family members there. Take them to court! call the BBB and complain. Then call around to other homes and ask for references. They are bound to have some familys you can talk to that will describe the care they have gotten from other rehab centers. This sort of thing makes me SO MAD. Sorry I live on the west coast and cannot recommend one out there.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Alden
    Buckingham
    Whitehall

Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2009