We just bought a DS for our sons 6th birthday, any suggestions on good games for a 6 yr old boy??

candy1234

Asked by candy1234 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• big brain academy
    Anonymous

• I LOVE pokemon. Pokemon Platinum came out a few months ago and it is the expanded storyline for pearl and diamond. Its simple enough most kids can figure it out and isn't overly violent (you make the other Pokemon pass out rather than killing them) Other than that I would stay away from the big name RPG's as he is probably too young to really get/follow them. I would stick with things like MarioParty and the games based off movies for his age group.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Lego Star Wars- Complete Saga - AWESOME!
    mom22tumblebugs

Answer by mom22tumblebugs at 3:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My kids (age 5 and 7) love playing anything Mario! My son (the 7 yr old) has The "new" Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 64. He plays them both frequently. He also loves his Pokemon games. He has both Diamond (he got it when he first got his DS) and Platinum (which he got when it came out this past spring.) He prefers those to the Pokemon Ranger and Mystery Dungeon games he also has. The Pokemon games can require a bit of reading - so if he's not a confident reader be prepared to help out from time to time.

My DD (age 5) has Starfy - which she loves! And Super Princess Peach.

The three of us (yes, I have a DS too. LOL!) Share Mario and Luigi: Bower Inside Story. The kids love it!
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Whatever he s interested in my son has mario cart,
    Kimmma

Answer by Kimmma at 9:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2009