pretty sure my dd has a uti

i can't get in to the doctor until tomorrow morning, what can i do to help her until then? she's only 3

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• flush her system!!!!

FLUIDS. FLUIDS. FLUIDS...

my dd gets them frequently during the school year, and has since preschool- she gets them when she gets dehydrated/doesn't consume enough fluids.

first stem to easing discomfort is to get hydrated, so that, along with the infection, she isn't experiencing pain from concentrated urine.

stay away from pop (soda) it makes it worse! DD and i both suffer from UTI's. also, do not put her in a bathtub, thats the biggest culprit ever- seems totally harmless, but the majority of those bath products are clearly labeled to state that they will cause irritation after prolonged exposure. (and with me, it is ANY exposure)

unless she's running a temp, i wouldn't freak out and go to urgent care, give some ibuprofen (motrin/advil) it is an anti-inflamitory, and will help two fold, easing the discomfort.
    just give her fluids & lots of love... she should be fine until tomorrow :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Can you take her to an urget care or after hours pediatrics place? There's nothing I can think of OTC that will help a 3 year old, sorry I'm not much help
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2009