Fired for Obama vote?

KANSAS CITY, Kan. - A salesman says he was fired for voting for Barack Obama, after his boss sent an email to all employees warning that he would fire them if they dared to do that. He claims Matthew Brandt, the owner of KK Office Solutions, sent the email threat to "All Employees" on Oct. 29, 2008 warning them "to rethink your vote on November 4th."
Elliot Snell sued KK Office Solutions in Wyandotte County Court. The email warned that if Obama were elected, all salespeople will have to pool their sales commissions to give underachieving salespeople a "fair shake;" that hourly employees will pool their wages, including overtime, to help those who are "too busy to for overtime;" that top management was to be referred to as "the government," and would be exempt from pooling because the law doesn't apply to it; and that the last few people hired "should clean out their desks."
_

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/10/13/Man_Says_Boss_Carried_Out_Threat_To_Fire_Him_for_Voting_for_Obama.htm

Anonymous

• GOOD. it would leave more jobs for the people who actually want to work and who care about this Country.
    Anonymous

• How did he not want to work? He was doing great in his job. How is that great that we can now get fired from our jobs for voting a certain way?
    Anonymous

• Who cares...I think the boss was just trying to make a point...I'm so sick of BO and his commie drones...
    Anonymous

• If you voted for Barack Obama, what else does anyone need to know about your face!!!!!!??????? Enough said.................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 3:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• That was a forward email, most likely meant as a joke by the boss. I got the same email in my personal email. Get a life, dude. you are not that important.
    Anonymous

• selective
    Anonymous

• The best part is he is seeking reinstatement in his lawsuit. Why, if your boss fired you for your ideals, would you want to work for that man again? Doesn't make sense to me. Especially if he wins the $1.2 million in damages he's seeking.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I think the boss was trying to make a point, a valid one at that. Once upon a time people had the constitutional right to make such a point. Besides, it could be argued that the vote for BO could have been harmful to the company.

This isn't really that much different than me telling my employees that we will likely close if Cap & Trade passes.

Why did the guy tell the boss who he voted for?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Wow, and I thought this was America......and you "ladies" are supporting this type of discrimination. Why am I not surprised...

I'm sure if someone was fired for voting for Sarah Palin, they'd be invited to speak at a TEa Party and be the next Joe the Plumber
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009