how can i get this pain out of my heart my sister pass away

amazing304

Asked by amazing304 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am very sorry.

Prayer helps. Remembering happier times. Grieving takes a long time and is different for each person. So be patient with yourself and let yourself grieve as much as you feel like.

Answer by Bmat at 3:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• its okay to hurt,thats all part of it, no need to rush on anything,pray a lot if you feel lonely,but like i said your acting normal.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I totally understand your pain right now. I lost my sister last year and although the pain had subsided a tiny bit, there is still lingering sorrow in my heart. My advice would be to try and focus on the good memories and times you had with her. Maybe do something in her honor- something you can perhaps make a ritual every year. My sister died from breast cancer and at the cemetery, we all wrote messages on pink balloons and set them into the sky. This year, on her birthday, we did the same thing and it made us feel closer to her and better about our loss. Perhaps something along these lines would help you to deal with your heartache. *hugs*

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• First, please accept my condolences. I agree with the others, there is no time frame to grieve the loss of a loved one. It's okay to feel hurt, sad, angry, etc. for as long as you need to. My dad passed away 5 years ago, and I'm still dealing with alot of these emotions. I was talking with a friend, and she helped me feel better by reminding me that when someone dies, God leaves all the good memories with their loved ones to keep that person alive in their heart. This is a big help when I think about Dad and start to feel sad. Please know that I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I am sorry to hear this. May God walk with you during this time. I will pray for you
    Anonymous

• My mom died 6 months ago tomorrow.

My advice to you is to just remember that grief is not a "stage". It's not something that you "overcome". It's a journey. It's traveling from the land of "what used to be" to the land of "what is now". And it's a hard journey. Sometimes it feels like it's all up hill. Sometimes you have to cross old rickety bridges. But you journey on. And each part of your journey is what you have to do. There is no getting through that huge mountain or going around that endless river. You just ...keep going. One day at a time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Blessed Be.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My dear friend, it never goes away 100%. My dad passed a little over 4 years ago and the hurt is still there, but it gets less. It eases, and your wonderful memories of your sister will come in. Soon when you think of her you cry less and you smile more. It is just time, and remembering every good thing you can, and giving yourself freedom and permission to cry, to be angry, to feel. Yes, there are gonna be hard days, holidays and birthdays especially. But you get through, with the help of a few good friends. Like Outstandinglove said, its a long hard journey, but one day at a time. We are all here for you.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I 2nd what teamquinn said, it never goes away 100%. My mom passed 12 years ago & a day doesn't go by that I don't miss her. I also lost my brother 5 years ago and still expect one of his dumb calls every Thanksgiving singing "Happy Turkey Day to you" !!
    My prayers are with you.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I'm so very sorry. Even a solid Bible based hope can't stop us grieving for the loss of those we love. Yet you may find this article comforting. http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_07.htm
    I really hope so. 2 Corinthians 1:3, 4 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those in any sort of tribulation through the comfort with which we ourselves are being comforted by God" Check out the scriptures in your own Bible and, above all, never stop praying. What has happened to you and your family isn't okay. It is not part of God's plan or wishes for you. (James 1:13) I'm so sorry for your distress and loss. xxx
    Mamkind

Answer by Mamkind at 6:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2009