How do i help my son?

He is 2wks old an i think he might have colic he crys all the time even after hes been fed changed bruped! The only time he will sleep an stop crying is when i hold him really close to me! He doesnt really sleep during the day because he is to busy crying its worse during the day than he is at night! Do u ladis think this could be colic is there anything i could do for him? An bout how long til it goes away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try swaddling him snugly for sleeping...it might help him. A lot of times at this age, it has to do with gas (the crying). Try pedaling his legs like a bicycle. Put him face down on your lap with his tummy on one thigh and head on the other...sometimes the pressure will help relieve the pain. Also, Mylicon drops are safe to give a newborn with every feeding. Gripe Water is also an excellent option...pick something with Oil of Fennel and Sodium Bicarbonate in it...they're really the only necessary ingredients and they help with burping and gas (give prior to a feeding). Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Is he FF of BF? My daughter has been like this. Turns out she has a severe milk protein allergy and she also has colitis, since she was born. She is now 5 weeks old and being switched to Neocate. Typically a baby who has colic doesn't cry non-stop. Their will be a certain time of night when absolutely nothing will stop the crying, not even holding them. I would talk to the doctor, just to make sure something else isn't the problem. Good Luck =)
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Hes ff! An ive tired the swaddling him real tight but he screams even more cuz he cant really move plus he gets really hot to were he starts to sweat!
    -op
    Anonymous

• Gripe Water does wonders! Try this its sold at most drug stores such as walgreens and walmart. Also you may try a car ride. Swaddling tightly helps too.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Unfortunately it is a guessing game at the beginning when it comes to crying because there are so many things it could be....Ali had a really good idea with the formula..it could be during the day that he is too tired by the time you are trying to get him to sleep and he is angry and not able..he could not like being wet at all....you could also try mylicon if he is having problems tooting you can usually tell if they stop when you rub the tummy or pat their butt.
    JEpright83

Answer by JEpright83 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Ive tired the gas drops i know he does have problems farting but the mylicon doesnt seem to help
    -op
    Anonymous

• You might want to consider trying to nurse, but I don't know what your reason for not doing so was. It's just a thought. A good sling or wrap is a good idea too.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My milk hasnt come in i didnt even have colsum! I was thinkin bout gettin a sling
    -op
    Anonymous

• My oldest daughter was terrible with Cholic. Nothing would work. Finally, I tried an old wives tale of chamomille tea. I got some Anise and boiled a weak version of this tea, then I let it cool but left it a little warm, put a little bit in her bottle and let her drink. After about 20 minutes she was sound asleep. She slept the rest of the nights. when I asked her doctor about it, she said it was fine just to make sure it was a weak version and no more than 1 oz.
    reg1106

Answer by reg1106 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2009