• In the Spotlight:

How do I get my 18 month old to sleep in his crib? Is he old enough for a bed?

I am definitely a softy and can't hear my little guy crying even though I have tried to ferberize I CAN NOT do it!! Does anyone have any tips for me...oh and by the way the other half won't help with the issue because it is my responsibility!! Please help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had to Ferberize mine. Are you really trying Ferber (do you have the book, have read it, and are sticking with it) or did you try cry it out and called it Ferber? Ferber's method is not CIO. They will cry, but you also go in there regularly to let them know you didn't abandon them. Ferber was great for us.

When I Ferbered my first, she was 13 months old and it took nearly two weeks. With my second baby, I had learned my lesson and Ferbered at 7 months. It only took 3 days.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2009