Question for formula moms...

Did you completely stop formula at age 1? And did your child take to the milk?
My son will be one in a week and I gave him a little milk to see if he likes it. He seemed ok. He doesn't like baby food too much and isn't that great with finger foods so I'm nervous he won't get enough nutrients.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't FF, but if I did, and my kid wasn't eating solids properly, I'd continue to give some formula past age 1 until I was comfortable with what they were eating solid wise.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• at 1 I changed my kids to the supplemental formula and took them off regular formula. That was just to make sure they got some extra nutrition. Just give it at least once a day. Milk was my oldest preferred drink at 1. If you're not sure just ask your pediatricians nurse.
    reg1106

Answer by reg1106 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• once my dd turn 1 i stop formula and gave her milk.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My second baby self weaned from breastfeeding at around 11 months old and while he was old enough to go ahead and put on cow's milk I too worried he wouldn't get enough nutrients. I put him on the formula for older babies until he was 15 months old. I tried Similac and Enfamil, but actually ended up liking Walmart's Parent's Choice for older babies the best. It produced a lot less bubbles, and my baby going from breast milk to formula had terrible gas with Similac and Enfamil but not Parent's Choice. The PC formula also smells a lot better and my pediatrician thinks it's good. I kept him on formula until he was eating enough that I felt he was getting the nutrients needed.

I also have him on the generic Target infant drop vitamins.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• There are a lot of really good Stage 2 formulas on the market for babies over the age of 1. My oldest 2 boys did good without formula after age 1 but my youngest didn't so we had to use Stage 2 for a few more months.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My 14 month old still takes three bottles of formula. One in the am, one at nap time and one for bed. She is just NOW starting to eat more and yes we offer her food first., so no my kid isnt off formula yet..
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• You can get Poly Vi Sol vitamin drops. They're made by Enfamil.
    MiCaHsMoMmY1206

Answer by MiCaHsMoMmY1206 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009