Potty training toddler girl

About how long did it take you daughter to potty train (less then 1 accident a day) and how old was she when you started?

My 18 month old is showing a lot of interest in the potty lately, and today she was running around naked and came up to me and said poopoo and proceeded to pee. We ran to the potty to "finish" and then talked about cleaning the pee pee off the ground and about putting pee pee in the patty etc. I'm thinking it's a pretty good sign that she told me it was coming, even if it was just a second before lol! I think we'll give potty training a go and see what happens! Just wondering how long it took girls to learn and when the started. Thanks!

Blueliner

Asked by Blueliner at 4:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i'm hoping you get some good answers :) my 18 month old is kinda in the same situation. she's ready, totally showing signs but she's stubborn. she refuses to pee in the potty, lol. we're doing the underwear thing but its not really working. we're just working on it a day at a time... good luck!!
    muensters_ma

Answer by muensters_ma at 1:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• my dd was ready at 18 mts. she would sit in the potty and make the pee sound. i also noticed cues, she would cross her legs or grab down there for pee and grab her belly or hide for poop. i took it slowly. first i got her pull ups and if i saw herdoing those cues i wouldask her andshe saidyes sometimes she had already done in in the pull up others we made it. at around 20 mts she got better at it. at 24 mts we went to inderware, she is 31 mts now and in 6 mts she hashad 5 accidents. she wears no dipares whats ever she is even nite time potty trai, i used the candyreawd method. shegot more candy if she pooped in the potty. i love it is awsome my dd goes by herself now and is learning to wipe herself.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2009