My son wants to use me as a pacifier!

My son is 4 months old and breastfeed, he always wants to use me as a pacifier, the only way he will fall asleep is on the breast and in the middle of the night he wakes up multiple times, and won't stop screaming until I put him on the breast, I know he isn't hungry because he isn't eating... he also refuses to take the pacifier.... What can I do?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd just continue to comfort him. I don't really have any other advice, but if you are ok with it, it's fine to comfort nurse. It's pretty common and normal too.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Do you have a spouse or SO? My son did that and my hubby would get up with him. He would go back to sleep pretty quickly since he couldn't nurse off of daddy! In just a couple of days he quit waking up unless he was hungry!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I wish, my bf is lazy.. . he seems to think having a kid is cute and that I need to care for him all the time....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• That's very normal. Just sleep close to each other.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• He's normal! And babies do NOT use moms as pacifiers...pacifiers are mom replacements.

This will pass...for now, go with it. And kick the boyfriend out of bed so you can co-sleep...it'll make life easier and might even wake him up to the idea that babies are NOT cute little playthings.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• my baby girl is the same exact way...so i would like to know as well. one thing i have noticed though is that she sleeps so much better laying on her tummy
    excited2bemommy

Answer by excited2bemommy at 4:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2009