buying a home on welfare

We finally are able to save up some money. Will we be able to buy a home?
Our credit is pretty good...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hmm..i dunno...I guess if you can qualify on the income portion w/out the welfare being counted then you should be ok...ask your mortgage broker---they can tell you
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I hope not! That doesnt seem fair!
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 4:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• If you have enough for a down payment I don't see how you could be on any program you call welfare. Of course there is no program called welfare.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Owning a home is cheaper than renting for us by about $150 a month.
    Anonymous

• i hope so renting is such a waste of money. It isn't like you are tryign to buy a mcmansion but a place of your own is a good thing. If you find one you can afford go for it. i would rather see my tax dollars help a family get on their feet than pay a New York Banker's golden parachute like last year
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Ok I get Cash, food and wic if you must no!
    Anonymous

• How are you "saving money " for a home if your getting all this assistance?
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 4:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• That sounds nice but I'm also wondering how you save the money? If have extra money to save then that means you shouldn't be receiving assistance. Not bashing, just questioning.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 5:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• why not? if your credit is good and your debt to income ratio is good then you should be able to. there are also programs to help people on welfare get assistance in Pa i believe it is called Hands or something like that,
    Anonymous

• When I lived in NY ...I know the Section 8 housing that I dealt with had something to help families buy a house. You still needed to be approved with credit and all that stuff.
    Anonymous