Crossing out pro-choice signs and putting pro-life

Is this wrong? During a pro-choice campaign is acceptable for people to cross out the word 'choice' and put 'life"?

Because something similar happened to us last week. During pro-life week we put up signs that said pro-life. We did not put out abortion is murder or baby killer. They were simple signs that said "pro-life" nothing else. Someone came through and crossed out "life" and wrote "choice"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some people who are pro-choice do very bad things.

I am more concerned about their choice to abort rather than their choice to ruin your signs.
    Anonymous

• Signs are stupid
    Anonymous

• and that is your "smart" response LOL
    Anonymous

• It's wrong either way. It doesn't say much for the other side of the debate when that happens with signs. I know it is probably just a couple people, but it ends up reflecting on the whole group!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It would be wrong no matter what side of the debate. We might not agree with others views or opinions but we should respect them if we expect our views and opinions to be respected. So many want to get respect without giving and after they have disrespected and been disrespected in return then they whine.
    Anonymous

• To me it shows immaturity and borderline vandalism, no matter what side you're on. Carry your own signs.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Of course it's not right on either side. However, rather than putting out signs how about impacting the lives of girls and women considering abortion by supporting a pregnancy care center.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• How do you know what I do and do not do teamquinn?

of course we did more than post a sign but the question I was asking revolved around the sign.
    Anonymous

• It's wrong. No matter what your beliefs. If the sign was on your property, it was trespassing as well as vandalism.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yes, I think it's disrespectful (on either side) to deface someone's sign. That being said, I agree with Teamquinn that I wish people would take the cost of the sign and put it towards something that actually helps their cause. I doubt many people are swayed in their opinions by signs and think time/energy/money is better spent helping the situation than trying to convince others to support your view. I see you already responded to Teamquinn by saying that you already do more, and I'm not making any assumptions about you as a human being or what you do or do not do, just stating my opinion.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2009