Making me wait till I am 42 weeks !!

I am 40 weeks . Basically if I haven't had her before then I have to wait till the 23rd to see the doc again . I just hate that ! I was 41 weeks when I had my DD and I had to be induced ( it wasn't bad but she was big 9lb 11 oz) I really am having problems with my feet swelling so bad I can't walk and terrible heartburn , throwing up since 2 weeks ago. The baby was estimated to be at 36 weeks already 8 lbs .
Do you think I should make a big deal about this or just let it be . I am just soooooooooo uncomfortable especially since I can barely walk and take care of my toddler and everything else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I understand how you feel, I had big babies and My family always goes to at least 42 weeks. If It were me then I would wait it out. my last baby was born in the 42nd week The doctor sceduled a induction for the end of the week and once he scheduled it i must have relaxed quite a bit because the next morning i went into labor on my own. Your almost there and if your doctor feels that waiting is a good idea then I would trust him on it, I was just as mad as you are when my doctor told me to wait but after all was said and done i was super grateful.

Just so you know I really do understand the big baby thing, my first child was induced at 38 weeks and he was 9 punds 5 ozs, at 40 weeks he would have been 11 pounds! YIKES.

Use the next week to rest and spend time with you toddler doing fun things to keep your mind off of it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I feel your pain! About going so far over, anyway. Mine didn't get that big but I did and my ankles swelled, the heartburn was awful and I was so exhausted it was all I could do to chase my three year old all day. With my first, the doctor was going to induce me if I didn't go into labor over the last weekend I was pregnant, but I finally did that Sunday night. With my daughter, the pressure pains were just horrible, I had those for weeks and weeks. Then the false labor contractions came. I did have to be induced with her. My babies want to stay in there forever.

I would not be happy either if I were you. Have you talked to him about this? If he won't budge, just try as much as you can to relax. Labor day will be here before you know it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• You'll still be tired and uncomfortable after birth. Labor happens on its own. Let it. A big baby is not a cause for concern.
    Anonymous

• Just call and tell them how you feel and that you'd like to schedule an induction. The worst they can do is say no.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 5:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• If it were me, I'd let it be and hope for the baby to come in it's own time.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I had my second child at 42 weeks. She was 9 lbs 2 oz. I'm a whopping 5'3" and pre-baby (2nd one that is) I was a whopping 115 lbs. I couldn't walk upright for two weeks after the birth.
    Anonymous