Questions about my 2 yo & general Anesthesia

MY 2 yo DD had to have some blood vessels in her nose cauterized this morning due to severe frequent nose bleeds. (8 AM) She was put under general anesthesia. It is now 2:30pm and she is still really lethargic & has been sleeping on & off all day. I cant get her off the couch. She wont walk (She CAN walk but wants to be carried to & from the bathroom) or talk to me, just whines & points at what she wants. I get an occasional word or sentence.

Shes drinking alot of fluids which they said is good, & I just got her to eat a little bit of macaroni & cheese, but she has refused food up until this point.

I was just wondering if anybody knew if this was normal? I plan on calling her Dr. within the next 35 mins if there is no change after she eats just to be sure.

And yes, I am aware non of you are my Daughter's Dr. for those of you that are going to give me the comment of, "Well call your Dr.! We're not Drs!"
I just

MelaniesMama

Asked by MelaniesMama at 4:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• im not a child but i ahve been under general anesthesia and i remember feeling groggy and tired the rest of the first day....but did the hospital give you any information on what to expect with anesthesia?? i know they did me....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• They had to give you instructions after surgery.

My youngest son has had to have a lot of dental things done, tonsils and two nasal septum surgeries. He has always done much better than expected.

There is a wide range of normal reaction to procedures. She may be feeling really bad or she may be wanting to be babied.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• sounds right.

my youngest has had to be under anesthetic as well and she was pretty much a lump on the couch for the rest of the day.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Did you look at the discharge sheet?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yes, they gave me paper work. But nowhere does it say she was going to be lethargic & 'weird' the rest of the day. lol
    I expected it for like maybe a couple hours.......but not all day
    She is actually doing fine now, its 7:30pm and she's finally being 'normal'.
    MelaniesMama

Answer by MelaniesMama at 9:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009