Going to 42 weeks??

I am 40 weeks . Basically if I haven't had her before then I have to wait till the 23rd to see the doc again . I just hate that ! I was 41 weeks when I had my DD and I had to be induced ( it wasn't bad but she was big 9lb 11 oz) I really am having problems with my feet swelling so bad I can't walk and terrible heartburn , throwing up since 2 weeks ago. The baby was estimated to be at 36 weeks already 8 lbs .
Do you think I should make a big deal about this or just let it be . I am just soooooooooo uncomfortable especially since I can barely walk and take care of my toddler and everything else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My honest opinion is that I dont believe in induction. I had my daughter at 42w 2d and everything turned out perfectly and we were both healthy as can be and still are. I know that a lot of people disagree, but I believe your body knows better when your baby is ready than you or any OB (not you specifically, everyone kwim?)
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• my vote is always to let labor start naturally unless there is a medical problem that necessitates otherwise. good luck! my son was born at 41 weeks. also the weight estimates are often way off so it's hard to say what your baby will really weigh come 42 weeks :) 42 weeks is completely normal gestation btw
    Anonymous

• If you were induced at 41 weeks last time (the average first time mom pregnancy length), then you might be a normal, average-length gestater. No way to know anything based on your past, really, anyway. But 40 weeks is a mid-point of a 4-week average. You could fall outside the average, that may be normal for you.
    Lots of women go well past 42 weeks... these numbers are "our" time. A fetus has his/her own calender-- they come out when they're ready, don't worry! :-)

I don't know what you want to make a big deal about~ you sound like a normal person. Hopefully you can find ways to be more comfy while being patient. Good luck!! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Given how you're feeling and how big the baby is... you might be one of those women who's bodies just have a hard time starting labor on its own. I know we all wish our bodies were perfect and that everything could happen naturally but if we left everything up to nature there would be a lot of dead babies and dead mommas.

If you want to be induced then I say ask you doctor asap. Maybe even call tomorrow and ask if this is something he'd be willing to do. If you've been induced before and everything turned out fine, chances are everything will be fine this time as well. GL, don't feel bad about being induced- you're the best judge on your body and how you're feeling.
    Anonymous

• I say wait. I know your uncomfortable but inductions can be dangerous.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• C sections can unsafe as well ........................
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 5:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2009