How far along were you when you had your baby shower?

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 4:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think I was around 8 mos. I didn't want to be a huge, uncomfortable whale, esp. since there are so many pics. taken. (I'm vain like that).I know someone who waited too long to have her shower and ended up having her kid before it even happened! Plus, you want to be physically able to sit and open all those presents, socialize and have the energy to come home and put all the stuff away. I had the one for my family when I was only 20-something wks. I didn't look pregnant at all.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• 38 weeks, that however is not recommended, i had my baby 2 days later, lol. :)
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 4:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have had all my baby showers after the baby is born. I think it is more fun because everyone gets to see the baby!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• we had mine in November and i wasnt due until january. However dd showed up in Dec so I guess thats 7mths lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• 7 months...my mom was going to plan it for later but in california it could be sunshine oneday....gloomy darkness another, once it gets to be fall
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I never had showers, just "meet the baby" parties afterwards. It was easier for us since we could do it on our schedule and not rely on either of our mothers. We'd still be waiting for one if we did and my oldest is nearly 12.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I had mine at around 7 to 7 1/2 months. It was mid November and he was born in January. There was no shortage of people who wanted to do that for us. It was sweet.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I think I was 32-34wks...right around 8mos

=)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My mom threw me and my sister's showers after the babies were born. She would tell people they didn't have to bring presents, she mostly wanted to have a party to honor the babies. She would cook a big feast but everyone brought presents anyway. We just wanted them to meet the baby and not feel like we were having a party to get gifts but it was nice of everyone to bring gifts anyway! The diapers were most appreciated.
    Anonymous

• 34 weeks
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009