BM is a Clear Fluid Right?

My daughter might need tubes in her ears so I'm reading surgery guidelines and it says clear fluids up to 2 hours until surgery but no BM! Any help out there?

MoonLover06

Asked by MoonLover06 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• kool aid is not clear. i guess most people just aren't very educated on breastfeeding.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• a clear fluid is anything that you can see through...so put it in a clear cup and hold it up...as long as you can see through it your fine.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• But BM is considered a clear fluid. It says she can have kool aid. Can you see through kool aid?
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• OK, BM IS a clear fluid. That's why when you have a sick baby you are supposed to nurse them but if they were formula fed it's bad.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I want to know WHY. Why is BM a clear fluid but then I can't give it to her?
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• my answer is the simplist and what any doc will tell you...if you cannot see through it its not clear....and yes koolaid is a clear liquid cause you can see through it...so is jello, most juices (orange is out), water. BM is NOT a clear liquid..not even CLOSE...you cannot see through it if in a bottle.....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• well put it in a glass and hold it up....if you can see through it its a clear liquid...and yes koolaid is, so is plain coffee and tea....um i know this because i was served BOTH in the hospital when i had pancreatitis and given a clear liquid diet.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Anon: 12 just feels bad because she fed her kid crap from a can.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• from what I recall...they request a clear fluid because it lacks proteins. proteins in the tummy under anesthetic can make you throw up.

clear fluids will go straight through the system.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2009