I have NO sex drive...it's been 5 MONTHS!

My son is 5 months old and my husband and I still haven't had sex. We attempted to one night but the baby started crying and we gave up...I just have NO desire at all!! I'm breastfeeding, I know that can mess with your sex drive, but this is getting ridiculous! Am I the only one feeling this way!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no you are not the only one. It happens a lot. It takes time for your hormones to get back to normal even the ones that help with sexual desire.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have no sex drive at all and it's been almost a year since our daughter was born. We still have sex occasionally but I hate it and it has created a very large problem in our marriage.
    Anonymous

• Don't blame it on breastfeeding. Many breastfeeding moms experience increased drive.

Just do it. Forget about drive. Your husband hasn't had sex with you for at least 5 months! It doesn't require that much effort.

As you start to get back in the habit of having sex your drive may return. If it doesn't then you need to get some of the self help books about increasing your sex drive and enjoyment.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• For Yourself : The Fulfillment of Female Sexuality (Paperback)
    by Lonnie Barbach

This is a good book. Books by Sheila Kitzinger about being a mother are good.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I was the same way...I didnt have sex for 9 MONTHS!! But when I finally had it...now its all I want. Haha. Just give it time.
    Amanduh87

Answer by Amanduh87 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• No my baby is 6 months old and I use to love sex and now it's such a chore. I'ms o tired by the time I get in bed and it's like my hubby wants to more just cause I don't. I do it but haven't enjoyed it if you know what I mean and I feel bad I jsut don't want too. I totally know where you are coming from
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My son is 16 months and I still hardly want it. Maybe 1X/week if he's lucky. At first it was the exhaustion and the interruptions from the baby and the fear of pain, now it's just self esteem. I hate the way my body looks since I've given birth, and I don't understand how my husband wants to touch me at all. If I can't feel sexy, I can't get in the mood. Buy yourself a flattering new outfit or some lingerie and see if you can set up a date night with your husband. Good luck!
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 6:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2009