Any recovering alcoholics? Care to share your story?

I won't get into it, but I am coming to terms with the fact that I am an alcholic. I am seeking therapy for this. My problem with alcohol is more from the binge-drinker side. When I start, I can't stop. So far I have not done anything life-threatening but I have done many regrettable things. Alcoholism runs in my family BIG TIME. Anyone else care to share their story?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm not, but I was raised by them and unfortunately, I'm married to one. My life's a mess. I want to leave but he keeps promising to stop. Please continue treatment. It's hard being a child raised by drunks. I grew up never knowing what to expect whether it be emotional or physical abuse. It's a tough battle, but you can do it. Do it for your kids, they deserve it!
    dawilliams0918

Answer by dawilliams0918 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2009