What is a good over the counter teeth whitener

I am looking to do this but I was concerned.
Does the store products soften your teeth? I have heard this.
Any good product I could buy over the counter or advice would be great!

JLynn0871

Asked by JLynn0871 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• my dentist told me to stay away from any over the counter teeth whitener because they strip the enamel off your teeth over time...yes they work for a while but will weaken your teeth if used too long...the BEST homemade whitener is baking soda and mint...add a tiny bit of water to make a paste...it IS abrasive but less harsh than the over the counter stuff, just dont use it every day.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Plus White 5 minute whitening gel. It's the same as what they use in the dentists office to whiten your teeth, except it's more concentrated so it works in only 5 minutes, and it's a lot cheaper than getting it done professionally. I learned that from a woman who worked as a dental assistant. Yes, it's true it can wear the enamel off, but you can use it as much as you'd like until you get your desired result, then after you get your desired result, taper off to only once or twice a month to be safe. The other option of baking soda is nice too. BTW, I got the Plus White 5 minute whitening gel from Wal-Mart. I'm sure it's in other stores alike too.
    Anonymous

• I use crest white strips and love them! I never use them every day for a week like the box says. Maybe three times, every other day for 30 mins. And they stay white for months. If you continue to use them too much it will make your teeth sensitive and it can erroad away your gum line. I have a low gum line anyway, that's why i cant use them too often. Target makes their own brand of these for $10 cheaper and my sister said it worked fine. People always compliment my teeth, and i smoke and drink alot of coffee.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009